Friday, March 17, 2017

(hhdn) Divination and blind fortune telling

Divination is another complicated system; it has 8*8=64 symbols, I need to explain each symbol three times before showing you how to use it, so it requires long space. I also need to explain the Bagua sign and I Ching. I don’t need to use those for life code fortune telling but I need those for divination. There’s no way you can understand I Ching without explanation. You can try, though. I Ching is not copyright protected, you can easily download translated versions online.

In the previous blog, I mentioned there are three main sects of fortune telling: Balancing-yielding , Structures , and the Blind. Balancing-yielding is like the academic school, because it is theory based. Structure theory is older than Balancing-yielding, because ancient fortune telling was mainly for important people, and their life code are usually typical. My style is across Balancing yielding and Structures: Balancing-yielding is the fundamental principle, Structure also needs to be considered. Because Structures can help you find the focus of a life code. It’s like: you can play tennis well, you can also play soccer well. You have to find a focus or you will neither be a tennis player nor a soccer player.

Blind people in ancient China was like gypsies in Europe, they are the default fortune tellers. When talking about fortune telling, we think about blind guys automatically. Blind fortune telling are very different then the academic schools, they don’t have an overall theory, they read signs directly from the life code. Fortune telling is actually reverse abstraction: The code won't tell you what is the thing, it tells you the attributes of the thing. In another word, interpreting codes is to reverse abstracted information to the concrete embodiment. Blind men touch things to guess what’s in front of them, in another word, they use reverse abstraction for living. Thinking about it, it is no wonder that blind people have the best sign reading skills.

Fortune telling was a street job for blind people. If you’ve followed me for a long time, you know fortune telling works, because at least you can see so many people’s lives work according to one set of rules. But you cannot impress your customer with these, right? I mean I can make sense fortune telling in 5 to 6 hours. No one would give you that much time. In front of a customer, the best way to convince is to give them something specific. Blind fortune telling are very good at hitting details, but their method is less reliable. Because there’s no certain rule that a sign must represent something. One sign represents lots of things. For example, 7(9) represents axe, it also represents road. Even you are right about it represents road this time, you can’t answer the question “why not axe?”.

Why fortune telling doesn’t work sometimes? Because as you can see, life code is highly generalized and abstracted. I have heard some tales that mystified fortune telling. I was like: no one knows the limit of fortune telling better than me. That kind of accuracy is not possible. There’s a famous Buddhism book, Liao Fan's Four Lessons, it claimed the fortune teller got Liao Fan’s the exact place in the imperial exam. I didn’t believe it, because that’s too much for fortune telling. That means all the people who born in the same time should have the same place in the exam. Well, when I was in school, I have twins in my class, they never scored the same…

Then, I started to introspect myself. People think fortune telling is bullshit, what would I say? I usually say: I have everything there for you to learn, you are not in the position to criticize me if you don’t know it. The same can be apply to me: I don’t have the position to criticize blind fortune telling, unless I know it. So I learned the Blind’s fortune telling, I didn’t use it in the blog because I don’t want to distract you. Plus, blind’s notes are secret, don’t ask me how did I get it.

In fact academic schools also read signs, for example: Hillary Clinton born October 26, 1947, 8:02 AM

Pirate
Gourmet
Owl
4
7
5
3
(12)
(11)
(3)
(5)
Gambler
Comrade
Slaughter
Comrade

You can see her husband (The husband character Slaughter) is surrounded by women (Earth that represents Hillary herself and her same kinds), so it is easy to see Bill Clinton has lots of affairs. 

However, such obvious signs in life codes are rare. How do you extract more details when the sign is not obvious? Well, the blind master’s secret technique is to convert life code into hexagrams symbol and read it with divination skills. In the five elements theory, we divide the attributes of everything into five. Now we need to re-divide the circle into eight parts. But it is the same circle. For example: (4) is in the east of the 12 zodiac codes circle, Thunder is in the east of the hexagrams circle, so we can transfer (4) into Thunder. A column of codes like 2(6) can be transfer to a full hexagram: Thunder-Wind: Persistent. And we can use divination skill to look at it. In my book, I am going to use it as my cut-in point: something that works in fortune telling and also works in divination. In the meantime, I’m gonna show you blind fortune telling.

To be honest, blind fortune telling is less accurate and more complex, why do I show you that? Well, the core of my current life code theory is to divide things into favor and foe, although it is pretty efficient in the practical use, I am afraid it is a path without an exist. You can go pretty far, but you can’t get out. Why? Because good and bad are not the fundamental nature of things in the world. They are illusions we need to see through in order to get the next level. If we stay with the surface natures of things, our recognition stay on the surface as well.

We need to find a main favor and foe in a life code, because everything is favor for something and foe for something else. Something might good for your lung, bad for your blood. Good for your career, bad for your health. Picking favor and foe is not that easy, because finding priority of a life can be difficult. Look at the big picture, favor picking is actually deciding priority. Drugs for blood pressure help your heart by putting pressure on your kidney. But sometimes, you need to take the drug despite the bad effect to your kidney. We don’t use a simple good or bad to conclude a drug because we can see through it, we know exactly what does it do. Your favor is your heart and your foe is your kidney? That’s a way to see things, but ultimately it is not a correct understanding. Because all the codes are parts of yourself. Another example: a book of sex, sex is represented by Water and literature is represented by Fire. There we have Water and Fire, but they don’t conflict. What’s that mean? I am saying the way life code deal with the basic elements is too simple. Life code can quantify anything. Like, how ego is a person can be calculated. But sometimes comparing different amounts is too simple and rude. Maybe something are not comparable, like: is the rope longer or the flower more beautiful?

A similar question: Divination system is more complex than life code (there are 10 character in life code, 64 signs in divination), and lower accurate than life code, why do I want to introduce it? Because one, it is closer to the nature of things, it helps you see though the appearance and understand the world better. Two, extracting information from signs is a process full of the beauty of wisdom, it is artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment